Friday, June 1, 2007

Do the maths while sunbathing at 5 L$ for 20 minutes

I just found a new camping site, paying 5L$ for 20 minutes to lie on a towel by the beach... quite a nice place to be, isn't it ?

So while JohnLight is getting suntanned in Second Life, I made some calculations, to see how much time is needed to reach the million Linden dollar.

As a base, I assume a 30 L$ income per day, which is quite easy to achieve beside other activities (you know, like a job !).

The very first and obvious way is to do noting else than just stacking my L$. 30 L$ a day would mean 3334 days to obtain my 1'000'000 L$, and to rephrase it, roughly 91 years and 4 months. Wow. I don't know is Second Life will still exist then, but I will proabaly be six feet under.

The second way is to include Ginko in the calcuation, assuming the current 0.09% daily interest rate. Thanks to interests on interests, the million would be there after "only" 3818 days... which is ten and a half years.

This obviously assuming that I leave all my money by Ginko, and that Ginko has no rate change and does not go bankrupt. Quite risky, particularly if they fail after 3817 days, according to Murphy's Law.

May be it'll be a good strategy to also convert some of my L$ to US$ as far as I earn them...

Let me think while JohnLight is sunbathing... lucky avatar

No comments: