Thursday, August 30, 2007

SL Capital Exchange - 50 L$ for free

In my tour of banks, I visited today SL Capital Exchanges (www.slcapex.com), which offers savings account (0.12% daily) but also operates a virtual stock exchange.

There was a big difference going there compared to other banks, as I could meet some avatars employed by the bank to inform and help customers ! So I could chat for a while with on of them, and I opened an account for JohnLight and a second one for JaneLight.

The very good thing is that they have a special promotion running until mid of September. If you open an account via one of their agents (not directly yourself at an ATM...), you will get 10 L$ for free immediately, and 40 L$ in one week, on the account. The only bad thing is that I did open JohnLight's account before meeting the advisor... Silly me !

It is possible to check the account status and to trade on their virtual market from the website, no need to be in-world. They also offer an ATM service. You can become an ATM owner for free, and then earn money via interest from accounts opened on your ATM. So you will soon see a SL Capital Exchange ATM in the mini-shop !

Discussing with them also unveiled some information about how they get the money to pay interests. At first, they get commissions on all operations on their virtual stock exchange. They also sell adverts on their ATMs.

This makes the whole thing look quite seriously operated... time will tell.

PS: I will upgrade my balance with the new accounts later on. Stay tuned for the next surprise to come !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to their HQ and chatted with a few of their employees at once. No one could give me a notecard or a website with their policies or types of accounts or anything. It was all verbal, nothing in 'writing.' One of them slipped me a notecard pointer to en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbitrage_Wise -- was she/he trying to secretly warn me off?

Also, although I was asking about the benefits of setting up an account, no one mentioned the 10/40 bonuses as an incentive to join.

I went in thinking I would try depositing a small amount, but what I saw and heard made me a lot less confident. I kept my money.

JohnLight Raymaker said...

Hello Mr. Oh,

What you said sounds strange to me, especially as I received the other 40 L$ today.

The best I can say is try to contact Kadena Whitfield. He's one of their employees, and he gave me the 10 / 40 promotion.