Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Post number 100 - Back to business with some worries

For the 100th post of this blog, I have good news. Apparently, Linden Lab finally achieved to make Second LIfe usable again, and I could restart my camping activities. JaneLight even made 100 L$ in an overnight camping in the YAKA-CLUB on Camazotz !

As today was national holiday, I also had some good camping during the day, as can be seen on my balance indicator.

On the bad side, I must report that Ginko lowered its daily interest rate from 0.13% to 0.1%. There were rumors on them not having enough cash compared to the total of deposits... This lead to a limitation of withdrawals to 5'000 L$ a day, later increased to 10'000 L$ a day, making the rumor even stronger. About Ginko, my personal question is what do they to with the money to be able to offer such a rate (44% a year). I will develop that in a next post.

After the gambling ban, and the technical troubles last days, it is hard to analyze the economical statistics published by Linden Lab. Given the strong change this could have on the SL economy, I will keep an eye on these stats during the next days.

No comments: