Thursday, August 2, 2007

The importance of a savings bank... to me

I will not repeat here all what I said in my first post about the interests paid by a savings bank and their important in what I try to do. Basically, earning 1'000'000 L$ on a base of 30 L$ per day would last for 90 years without a bank paying daily interest, and 10 years with such a bank.

From this it is clear that I won't become a millionaire by doing nothing if I can't have a bank to help me growing my fortune.

For other activities in Second Life, the use of banks makes things easier when you have to pay salaries, or to share money accross accounts. But the savings part is then much less important. APEZ for example is doing a good job for the kind of tasks a business owner has to do.

So savings accounts are probably helpful only to people like me, wanting money out of nothing.

The total withdraws from Ginko within the last 13 hours are about half a million Linden Dollars, on a total on saving accounts of 154 million dollars. So yes the money is flowing out, but not so dramatically.

No comments: