Thursday, August 2, 2007

Is Ginko in trouble ? Interest rate lowered again !

Today, Ginko lowered the daily interest rate from 0.1% to 0.05%. This is the lower rate since I started earning in Second Life. Another bad sign is that my ATM told me that the maximum I could withdraw today was 0L$ ! But may be this is because of what follows...

Additionally to the savings account, Ginko is offering term deposits. Basicall a blocked account from which you can not withdraw the money until a fixed term. The benefit to the customer is an higher interest rate.

As I don't need my money now, I opened such a deposit for 5'000 L$ this morning, and I got a daily rate of 0.19% over 30 days. This evening, when I saw that they lowered the daily rate for saving accounts, I went back to the term deposit, and I saw that they offer no 0.25% ! So I opened a scond one, of 7'000 L$ for 30 days...

I cross fingers now, hoping that they won't collapse within the next 30 days !

No comments: