Friday, July 20, 2007

JohnLight's landmarks book - Best-of

This post is a list of all the campsites I use and prefer, with a short description. From my point of view, some are amongst the best camping in Second Life. The head of sections are the name of the islands.

Banquo
My favorite campsite for semi-supervised camping. It offers 3L$ / 10 minutes, but is limited to one hour camping sessions. It's in a dance-club, but not a lot of traffic and no moving trees or such memory consuming items.

Apfelland
This one is really CROWDED and full of complex objects, so a good performance is needed. On the plus side, it offers unlimited 2L$ / 10 minutes camping benches. I must mention that sometimes I got ejected, so I guess that the owner tries periodically to identify passive campers. My "personal best" here was 112 L$ in an overnight.

Oceania
You will find here the Skye Club, with three Dance Dance machines. These were the first I found, and where I met Josephina. They have many pads paying zero, and their total limitation is 150 L$.

Willow Beach
You will find here Club Xero, with three Dance Dance, limited to 100 L$, but with no pads paying zero. Note that recently they were frequently off.

Monevole
This island is hosting an "Hot'n Gay club" (sic...), with a series of 3L$ / 15 minutes pads, limited to 15 L$. Really stable, no issues.

MediaScape
This island is hosting 2 Dance Dance limited to 300 L$, which is the highest limit I know. They have no pads paying 0, but there rate are really slow. Be careful, the rates are expressed for 30 minutes !

Ernst
You will find here the Twist Camper Cafe, with unlimited 2L$ / 10 minutes bench ! However, I tested it with ammounts up to 10 L$ with no problem. But when I left both avatars there for a night, the bench was saying 56 L$ each, but I never received the money !

No comments: