Tuesday, September 4, 2007

SLCapex Day 3 - Still learning

By the end of my third day on the Second Life Capital Exchange, I still did not loose all my money. Not so bad for a beginner ;-).

The lesson for today relates to the quite low liquidity of this market... be cool. The value of my portfolio changed, from 3'700 to 5'200 without any transaction. High volatility results from a combination of very low stock prices, and proportionally large bid - ask gaps.

Typically, when a stock price changes from 0.40L$ to 0.41L$, this single cent represent 2.5% ! Some stock prices are evolving quite slowly, there are sometimes hours between transactions. For the time being, my strategy is to place sell orders immediately after I bought, so I won't miss any sell opportunity. This obviously applies only to the short term part of my portfolio only. I try not looking at the long term part, to avoid any quick move temptation.

We will see in the next days if this strategies will lead me to my million or not...

No comments: