Saturday, September 22, 2007

SecondLife goes on... without me

Weather in Switzerland was just perfect today. What has the swiss weather to do with getting a millionaire in Second Life ? The link is quite obvious indeed, I'm leaving in vicinity of Geneva, and weather was so appealing today that I spent my day outside. The computers were off the all day, I went online for a very short while.

One of the funny things with SecondLife, which also makes it really addictive, is that it runs even if you don't get connected. The value of my stocks changed, my bank accounts generated interests, some people went to my shop and bought items, some other joined the group, and so on...

Because SecondLife's world is persistent and going on without its users, one is always tempted to go back and see how it changed.... especially people having financial interests in it. And this is not saying anything about emotional involvment...

Nevertheless, a day without any SecondLife activity (ok, only a few...) was perfectly survivable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So true... I sometimes feel almost guilty when I'm away from keyboard if my avatar is not camping. It doesn't feel right: I could be earning! What are we doing to ourselves?!