Monday, September 3, 2007

SLCapex Day 2 - Short and long term... 24 / 7

On SLCapex as on any market, there are two ways of investing, short or long term. For my first moves on this market, I decided to be very conservative, so as not to lose everything the first week.

I invested about 95% with a long-term view, and I kept the remaining 5% for daily investments, and very quick moves. Typically when there is an interesting bid - ask gap, and some persons placing market orders, it gets possible to gain money very quickly. The only risks are to be locked with unsalable stocks, or not to gain enough to compensate for the 2.5% fee on the sales.

However for very small amounts, the fact that the fee is only proportional makes it quite good. Many real life markets have minimal fees, so if you make very small transactions, all your potential benefits are canceled by the fees.

Another major difference between SL Capital Exchange and other markets is that... it never closes ! One can argue that any major investor in real-life will use many markets worldwide, so time differences will make it like a global 24 / 7 market... but such guys also have traders working for them on all these markets !

Managing a short term portfolio on a 24 / 7 market can quickly become an addictive and exhausting activity !

1 comment:

onbewust said...

I just made L$40 on my first day there, and I only used L$175. So that's about 20% profit! I'm starting to like this. :-)

Greetings,
-Reverend.