Friday, October 5, 2007

High Yield Deposits Announced By JTFinancials

JT Financials promised for a while that high yield deposit will become possible soon. Now the soon seems sooner than ever. There is an entry in the SLCapex forum about what JTF will offer.

From mid of October, it should be possible to buy 1.00L$ bonds, and JTF will re-buy them mid of April, at 1.44L$ each. It is quite a long period of time, particularly as time in SL is much quicker than in real life, but it's also a very interesting deal. 44% increase over half a year ! This corresponds to 0.2% daily.

As I don't need the money I'm saving, this will be perfect for me. The only remaining question is "do I trust JTF enough to go for a long term investment ?". This is by far not an easy one to answer... hopefully, I've got until mid of october !

I plan to post a detailled post this week-end about my financial strategy, and compare how I'm doing with what was planned. And may be some fun post on Sunday...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That seems like a risky gambit, considering how quickly SL changes. Even if JTF had the best of intentions, who knows if they'll still be around in mid-April or in a decent enough financial state to afford to payback those people who have the bonds. ;)

Anonymous said...

I agree about the risk, but a rate that high warrants the risk. If you go for it, though, don't put everything into it as you've done with schemes before.